Diese Galerie enthält 7 Fotos.
By 1900 Cracow became the most densely populated city of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. The construction activities in the city almost ended as they were limited by the 1860-1866 fortifications, and by construction regulations (Bauverbot). Thus negotiations by the municipality, concerning the … Weiterlesen
Diese Galerie enthält 10 Fotos.
Till 1904 named Gürtelhauptwerk 51 ½ „Wróblowice Ost“, it was a detached fort of the outer fortress ring, situated on Vistula’s right bank in the southern area of defense district [Verteidigungsbezirk] number VII b “Piaski Wielkie”. Classified as main fort, served … Weiterlesen
Diese Galerie enthält 8 Fotos.
Winnica (before July 1904 – GZW „53a Winnica”) was a detached fort of the outer fortress ring, situated on Vistula’s right bank in the south-western area of defence, called number VIII “Kobierzyn”. It was classifyed as intermediary fort for close defence. … Weiterlesen