Diese Galerie enthält 11 Fotos.
Located in the southern part of the fortress ring around Przemysl, on a hill dominating the river Wiar valley, in which the railwayline and road towards Hungary ran, the first fortification was built during the Crimean war as an earthwork … Weiterlesen
Diese Galerie enthält 12 Fotos.
Before the construction of the Siedliska Group, Przemysl’s ring of forts on the eastern side of the town was close to the city centre. In this area the landscape was mainly flat, dominated by Cereszyna Hills next to the village … Weiterlesen
Diese Galerie enthält 15 Fotos.
The noyau of Przemyśl was built in 1887. Its extent was 15 km and it consisted of 5 Noyau-Haupt-Werke (principal enceinte fort), 1 Noyau-Vorwerk (detached enceinte fort), 4 Schanzen (entrenchment), 10 Batterien (batteries) and Verbindungslinien (connecting entrenchments) between them. In … Weiterlesen
Diese Galerie enthält 2 Fotos.
In the 1880ies the basic layout of the fortress Przemyśl was constructed as a circle of artillery forts around the city. In the following decade the circle was completed. Between the main fortifications several smaller and less armed forts were … Weiterlesen
Diese Galerie enthält 1 Foto.
Übersicht über den Stand der Befestigungen um Przemysl im Jahr 1914. Die süd-östliche Siedliska Gruppe liegt heute jenseits der polnischen Staatsgrenze in der Ukraine. Arial view of the fortifications around Przemysl in the year 1914. Today the Siedliska group is … Weiterlesen
Diese Galerie enthält 10 Fotos.
The first fortifications on the hill above Łętownia were carried out during the Crimean War, between 1854 and 1855. Austria, fearing war with Russia, fortified the passageways through the rivers San and Dniestr. The earth work nr. 4 had an … Weiterlesen